Mad Anthonys announces first round of grants to area nonprofits
March 15, 2023, Fort Wayne, IN — The Mad Anthonys Foundation has announced its first round of grants under the new, significantly expanded process it unveiled last year.
The first round of grants under the new process totalled more than $100,000 and were awarded to seven northeast Indiana-based nonprofits:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne: $10,000 for SPARK (Special Pathways for at Risk Kids) Project Blueprint, a trade education and career-development programming support
- CORE: $5,000 for Vocational Training and Job Placement for Individuals with Disabilities astrade education and career-development programming support
- Fort Wayne Trails: $5,000 for ongoing trail expansion for the Priority Corridor Trails
- Hopes Harbor: $60,000 for operational support
- The Impact Center: $10,000 for the CovenantSports Camp in support of childhood-development programming
- Mustard Seed Furniture Bank: $5,000 for support of home-furnishings distribution programming
- Specialty Tutoring: $10,000 towards construction of Building a Space Where EVERY CHILD Can Learn for child-education assistance
Previously, the Foundation had donated funds raised through its two signature events – the Pro-Am golf classic and Red Coat Gala – to a small number of nonprofits on an annual basis. The Mad Anthonys Foundation board of directors made the decision in early 2022 to expand grant opportunities to all northeast-Indiana based 501c3 organizations with a focus on supporting initiatives in Northeast Indiana.
“The entire board is thrilled to announce this first round of grants to these outstanding organizations doing important work in our community and throughout the region,” said Sherri Miller, Board President of the Mad Anthonys Foundation. “We’re proud of the support we’ve given the community over the past 60-plus years and excited to have these recipient organizations help us write the next chapter in the Mad Anthonys Foundation’s story.”
Under the new process, northeast Indiana-based nonprofits will have two windows a year to submit grant applications – June 1 and December 1 – with submissions required 60 days prior to the closing of each window. This means applications for the first round of grants in 2023 are due by April 1. The Foundation will focus on applications for initiatives that have the potential to strengthen opportunities for development throughout the community.
The Mad Anthonys Foundation will hold its annual Red Coat Gala on May 20th at the Clyde Theater in Fort Wayne and the 66th Mad Anthonys Pro-Am on October 9th at Sycamore Hills Golf Club in Fort Wayne. Purchase your Red Coat Gala tickets to support these and other great causes and to celebrate philanthropy in the community here.
Details on the application process, applicant eligibility and other important information are available at the Mad Anthonys website.
About the Mad Anthonys
The Mad Anthonys is a charitable organization founded in 1957 and comprised of business leaders and professionals from northeast Indiana. The Mad Anthonys Pro-Am is one of the premier charity golf events, along with the Red Coat Gala, raising millions of dollars for charitable organizations in Fort Wayne. For more information, visit madanthonys.org.